Stone therapy is the therapeutic use of stones that are heated or cooled in water. It combines Swedish massage with the application of these hot or cold Basalt Stones which are either massaged over the body or placed upon specific areas. Heated Basalt Lava Stones are used to enhance a nurturing head-to-toe deep tissue massage. As the stones glide over the muscles, tensions melt away. The stones are applied up and down the body, front and back, lingering longer at each area during the therapy, penetrating a little deeper with each application and each new set of fresh hot stones. Penetrating heat radiates into muscles to provide stress reduction, deep relaxation and relief from physical pain. This one-of-a-kind treatment addresses physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Benefits of Stone Therapy:
- Clients will be more relaxed.
- Many people find the stones to have a grounding or meditative effect beyond Swedish massage.
- Greater value over standard massage.
- Using alternating hot and cold stones causes an increased blood flow and faster healing.
- Tendons and fascia will loosen faster and stretch further with the application of hot stones.
- Increased range of motion.
- Works well for clients who suffer from fibromyalgia or those who cannot tolerate deep pressure.
- Stone placement on the abdomen gently treats the organs of the abdomen while the therapist works on the rest of the body.